View Single Post
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by epage View Post
I'm confused. It doesn't auto-accept but doesn't allow the user to cancel? So what exactly happens?
When calling out, I show a dialog with two buttons: abort and done. This way the user can cancel the dial out. I usually need this for those times when GV tries to call my gizmo account and that SIP account is disconnected or having network issues - which happens too often for me.

Now when it _does_ work, I'm left with a dialog box that I cannot easily dismiss because the N900's processor time is entirely taken over by the phone call. Once the callback phone call has reached the n900, I can dismiss the callback by accepting the call and then hanging up.
In other words, that dialog box is a redundant nuisance once the phone rings.
Dismissing it is extremely important for ease of use.

As you mentioned, I will be using the observer as a trigger point to update history, but before that I plan to integrate desktop (Linux and Windows) Skype funtionality which I RnD-eed a long time ago.

I also need to get the symbian version working and tested.
(Any volunteers?)
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.