View Single Post
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Knoxville
I've had my tablet a few days and have noticed that it will not operate from AC power... only from the battery. I'm accustomed to using my laptop at home while plugged into the AC outlet, thus conserving the battery life. Most laptops will charge the battery while being used from external power. But the n800 appears to be using the battery even while still plugged in to the AC.
Example: I charge the battery overnight until it says it's fully charged; turn the unit on while still plugged in; operate the n800 for a couple hours (plugged in); and upon turning off the unit, notice that it is now once again charging the battery!! This is after it had already told me that it had a full charge prior to operating while plugged in.
Does this mean that the n800 will only operate from the battery? Does this mean that if I were to remove the battery, the unit will not operate at all via AC cord? Will I never be able to operate the tablet for extended periods of time unless I purchase additional batteries? I am confused on this issue since it doesn't follow standard laptop operation.