View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by chill View Post
On the Strobe screen, Flash Brightness Level cannot be made lower than 12 with the minus button - intended?
Sort of -- the lower and upper bounds of 12 and 19 are, in fact, the raw values I'm getting from the call to the "Video for Linux 2" (V4L2) device driver, when I query for the minimum and maximum values for "FLASH_INTENSITY". I really don't know if they signify any real-world values, but the driver will accept integral values anywhere from the minimum to the maximum. (It may also accept values outside that range, but I'm not willing to experiment with that...)

Also, pressing the Strobe Flash button (once, briefly) does not make the LEDs flash - also intended?
Actually, that one's not intended; when I kick off the timer to start strobing, I've got it alternating between on and off periods, and unfortunately I started with an off period. I'll fix that...

Torch Brightness Level on the Torch screen can only take 0 or 1 with the plus/minus buttons - intended?
Yeah, those are also the raw values I'm receiving from V4L2 for "TORCH_INTENSITY". It seems that you can only have one brightness in "Torch" mode. (I suppose I shouldn't even bother with the spin-box...)

P.S. I just managed to press Strobe Flash briefly and make it "strobe " continuously...the screen was in rotating just as I was pressing, maybe that caused it.
Ack! Hmm, I'm depending on Qt to alert me when the user stops pressing the "strobe" button; I guess there are situations where that signal won't be sent. I'll see if I can bullet-proof it a bit.

Thanks!

EDIT: I don't seem able to reproduce the continuous strobe bug... Can you tell me a little bit more about how to cause it? (Do you need to press while rotating, lift up while rotating, something like that?) Thanks!

Last edited by Copernicus; 2013-05-28 at 21:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: