View Single Post
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Bearserker View Post
- To bring ideas, I'm ok, but one idea I submited (monthes ago) is still unanswered. It let me figure that Neo900UG doesn't have enough time to evaluate these kind of ideas, so I shouldn't waste energy to propose them. Sad, because this one could have involved some skilled actors and new donators interrested by such a project.
OpenBSD had a reason for being famous 15-20 years ago when security sucked, also in Linux. Things have changed, and a default installation of a minimal debian (which loosely corresponds to a default installation of openbsd) is (give or take) just as secure.

OpenBSD is about the core system. With it you have nothing to work with on a "phone" (or a mobile computer with telephone capabilities). So yes, it might be possible at some point to run OpenBSD, or even OS/2, but you cannot reasonably be asking Jörg to take care of this.

Let's hope we get a working Neo900 with *anything* running on it, be it Maemo or Debian (which are the likely candidates). THEN we can talk OpenBSD.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: