View Single Post
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That answers absolutely nothing.

Again I ask... who needs to jailbreak BB10 and to do what? Control of the OS is too damn vague. Specifics please.
Again, it's not that they need to jailbreak it. It's that jailbreaking shouldn't even be a thing. Locked down operating systems are for DVD players, games consoles and other peasantry. For your specifics, see everything that people got around aegis to do.

And this whole "not a real OS" - how does it feel to see a real OS not really mean much? Maemo, dead. MeeGo, dead. Sailfish, not a big time player by any stretch of the imagination. Ubuntu Touch, not really a big player either. FirefoxOS, dead.
Doesn't really matter. I like what I like, and I don't judge the superiority of an OS based on its popularity, nor do I need the world to comply with it. I expect a bit better from people who know their way around the insides of a computer though. It breaks my heart when I see someone who used to enjoy tinkering with things give up and fill their lives with Apple stuff.

Like I said before... different needs are met by different mobile operating systems. I don't require granular control whereas you do. Do not impress upon me your needs for that; I'm not doing that to you.
So why did you start this discussion? You declared BB10 to be 'superior' to Sailfish, then retreat into different strokes when that is challenged? It's always going to be hot in that kitchen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post: