View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Ok, my phone just needed a restart. Just letting you know, Aapo - after manually installing on my device proper version of sdl-mixer1.2 and installing in my sdk proper version of sdl-mixer1.2-dev, i have music playing in the background So I'm pretty sure it's the case I've described in words:
debian/control, in Build-Depends section, text "libsdl-mixer1.2-dev (>= 1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2)" - this however didn't install this version of sdl-mixer and i was stuck with the old one... i needed to execute "apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2-dev=1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2" to install this package
for music not playing (strangely, sdk thinks that libsdl-mixer1.2-dev 1:1.2.6.5+0m5 is actually >= 1.2.6.5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2...). Please resolve this issue with deb file, so we can hear the music playing in background (maybe try using "=" instead of ">=" ? maybe not elegant solution, but worth a try...) in the meantime, i will start opengl es porting tomorrow, good night to all of you

P.S. Sorry for new post instead of editing old one, but this thread deserves a bump

edit: how do debian build tools compare versions of packages? if it's just string compare, "1:1.2.6.5+0m5" is indeed higher, than "1.2.6.5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2" due to second character from the first string (":") being higher in ascii table than from the second string (".")... I can see you are already setting some packages' version with ":"... maybe "1.2.6.5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2" should be changed to "1:1.2.6.5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2"? I cannot test right now, because my development environment is messed up due to opengl/opengles tests :P

another edit: found that, out of curiosity searched the web and, according to http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=304 , comment #4, in apt-pkg/deb/debversion.cc - actually it's plain C strcmp() function, so I'm pretty sure I can say I found out why sound is not working

Last edited by misiak; 2012-04-20 at 21:59.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: