View Single Post
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
So if we got to the finish line 20 times faster than any of us hoped for, then maybe it's just sane to aim on ten times the size we originally planned? What do you think
i THINK you mean, open the preorders as if there were 2000 prospective buyers, but im not sure.

if it is what you mean, i think you should still open preorders with the expectation of 200 purchases, and then issue refunds and accept more preorders at the lower price.
its likely that the vast majority of all possible interested parties were beating down your doors already.

because of the super-hobbyist nature of this project, i dont expect that youll get even twice as much additional interest in the last 90% of the allotted time, let alone ten times as much.

{of course i would LOVE to be wrong, but if you set the bar too high in overreaction to well-deserved success, and then i dont get Literally The Best Phone Ever Made, my sense of self-entitlement will telepathically strangle you to death}

also, in the wake of wild success, are there any new developments or insights on The RAM Question?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post: