View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me or host-mode is really integrated/compatible with h-e-n into power kernel ?
Yes, v45(?) power kernel is supposed to support h-e-n. The most recent h-e-n pkg itself should come without any kernel now (just the GUI), and - as mentioned in a previous post - h-e-n doesn't plan to ship any dedicated hostmode kernels anymore, and recommends using power kernel instead.
The GUI will check if a compatible kernel is installed, and will notify to user if problems are detected (with hostmode support in whatever is the currently installed kernel).

Of course a mere update of h-e-n pkg won't magically switch from h-e-n hostmode kernel to power kernel. You have to care for that yourself.

I hope Mohammad will edit post #1 occasionally, to represent the most current details and recommendations.

cheers
jOERG

ps: Thanks for throttling the frequency of noisy reports :-) As a rule of thumb, this thread is about problems (and unexpected success) to provide 5V VBUS and to enable hostmode. As soon as your device is showing up in dmesg as "usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=xxxx, idProduct=yyyy...", h-e-n considers this as mission accomplished.
Everything beyond are derived issues not directly related to h-e-n, so please report them either in the problems-thread, or on the forum of the involved subsystems which actually throw the error. Esp mounting, though still supported by a button in h-e-n, is NO topic for this thread

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-11-14 at 06:47.