View Single Post
As a person responsible for creating this thread, I'll post my own small summary, aka what I (personally, not meant to be universal truth for everyone ) gathered from it:

1. Neo900 is meant to be most open device in the market. Not necessarily 100% open as by example of projects like Arduino, but still much more than anything else in mobile computer/category of devices.

I would think that calling it "most open on the market" instead of "100% open" would be less missleading, but I understand that term "openess" may mean different thing for different people, and simply, it have marketing value to be (ab)used here.

2. I got better understanding on practical implication oh having schematics vs. project files. While I still think that having project files *could* be useful, thanks to this thread I understand better limitations that having project files have.

3. As I've just received a (affecting whole TMO account) "profile infraction" by Joerg The Project Leader The Moderator himself for one of my posts in this thread, it pretty much summarize for me, how some people value rights to openly discuss their "pet projects" - which may or may not affect how open projects he govern may be, if other involved people won't keep him at bay.

It also summarize past claims, that his moderator role was *only* to keep care of threads being properly categorized, and other tidy-keeping.

Thanks for participating, and of course, I'm still interested on poll results and - more importantly - more in depth opinions.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: