View Single Post
I spent my 4th of July shooting (friend's m4, a few various pistols, my glock, and my saiga-12), drinking, and helping cut down dead and dangerous trees...as any red-blooded American should spend their holiday doing . The only possible improvement could be laughing at Brits :P

The tree chopping is where it got interesting. One tree contained a community roost of bats, and most adults were killed when it fell while some were able to fly away (like the Batman origin story). I then heard a loud and high-pitched chirping noise.

One of the dead female adults was sheltering a group of eleven live baby bats underneath it's wing. Many were approximately the size of a "quarter" coin (again, American currency because FREEDOM), and had yet to grow fur.

I used bark and thick gloves (due to disease) to put them in a bucket, and cover it in a warm garage. I've been feeding them hourly with goat milk, formula, and meal worms since. And will continue to until I can get them to a wildlife refuge after the holiday.

Here they are (11 in total, they huddle together): < NOT my submission.

And here's my submission:

This is a light no-bake cheesecake with lemon rind, strawberries, and blueberries. I've recently been running or biking each morning, so it also signifies the freedom I now have to eat (for the most part) whatever I want .

PS: none of the photos are great, per the drinking, however the conditions for the bat photos were difficult to control. I also didn't want to get my phone too close to the bats, or shine bright lights at them.

The phone used was a nexus 5 with SailfishOS 2.0.2.45.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-05 at 08:29.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post: