View Single Post
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Sorry, I couldn't understand the proposed behavior. Can you elaborate?

For now, it works this way: when you launch the app (by clicking the icon in the launchers view) it disables the screensaver and shows a notification. When you click the notification, it enables the screensaver and quits the app. As you see, there are no windows.

Might you think it is inconvenient the notification stays there while the screensaver is disabled, but that avoids you forget it's disabled and burn the device screen.
What I mean is this: If you click the icon for the first time/execute the application, they the screen saver is disabled and an appropriate notification is displayed. This is how it works now and that is just fine. What I propose is:

1) Make the notification shorter, i.e. to say only what is necessary, for example "Screen saver OFF", plus make the notification only momentarily appear at the top of the screen.

2) Add another similar notification when the application is being switched off, for example "Screen saver ON".

This should be the simplest and the most clear way to do this, getting rid of any possible confusion and too lengthy texts which need to be cleared every time.

In a similar way works an application switching on/off bluetooth. It's called "Toggle BT" and you can find in in the store if you wish to compare.

Thanks for your work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post: