View Single Post
Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
I tried to contact another company (MDS) claiming "pre-wimax" and haven't received a reply. This is typical, I've sent countless messages to various companies trying to get synchronous service whether wireless or not and I feel lucky to get a reply at all and those replies were typically "no, sorry". Now I'm getting the same about WiMAX. It looks like they are targeting unserved areas and trying to avoid any overlap with their other services. Citywide wireless indeed, nice for publicity but reality is something else.

As for Bell/Rogers, I don't even want to contact them as they will no doubt only support their brick modems or eventually their locked down devices. I really doubt they would offer me something that might give me simple data access at simple prices and let me access my own services that allow me to avoid their services that I have zero interest in.

Pathetic actually. A very promising technology is once again being squandered. But it is still early, someday perhaps. I like the idea enough to consider being an early adopter which isn't my style but I'm not going to beg them to take my money.