View Single Post
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
these are the geeksphone ppl ...spain is the hq...there are english and french co-devels so...naturally everyone speaks in the lang they are familiar with. Perhaps actually researching their past achievements instead of cursorily simply watching the 1st vid available and commenting as a consequence..... would help clarify some of your questions. As far as their privacy and security is concerned I ...like many others have not seen yet any specifics as to what and how they intend to have a "safe" enviro ...but I will wait patiently to see if it has any "meat" to it...or if it is simply hollow offerings... and then I'll comment positively or negatively . Until more details emerge to make a conclusive arguement for "yea" or "nay" I'll wait.
You did not get my points:
1/ people: I know who they all are, hence "big names"
2/ languages: Rodrigo Silva-Ramos, who is the one that speaks french, do not have french as his primary language (but I admit I may be wrong on this one); since, from its professional background, he is a man who knows how to build a story, I was wondering if the use of french in this video was introduced as a subliminal information: for example, something like "french people are known to be very sensitive to privacy matters, therefore showing that french are involved in this project is a good way to communicate about it"; I'm not saying that my example is either true or false, I'm just trying to explain why I asked the language question in my first post. This would add to all the marketing stuff shown on their website.
3/ are you sure you did wait to comment ? your initial post qualified what is for me an empty shell for the moment, as promising: what are your basis for this, again, other than big names

My comment targets only the communication made around this project, since this is all we have to talk about: it looks like a caricature of a vaporware, and the only things that help me from thinking likewise are the names attached to this project.
So, as you say, «Until more details emerge to make a conclusive arguement for "yea" or "nay" I'll wait» to even qualified it as promising