View Single Post
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Things I would need to Leste be my daily driver and to jump on it when phone, sms, wifi and 3G data works:

Application manager.

Hotspot. Easy way to share data connection with a computer.

Alarmclock.

Mail with imap support.

Firewall.

ukeyboard for extra characters the easy way. Or is there a working virtual keyboard with extra characters already?

Calendar.

Browser. Dooble could be worth of trying to see how that browser would work. In any case something else too than netsurf is needed to get more sites to work properly.

File manager.

Backup.

Easy way set overclocking. And now after trying swappolube proposed settings, speedpatch and cssu tuner to edit transitions they would be good too. Not sure what are the default settings for Leste but after I used these and overclocked to 950 this device changed to be really really fast. If there would also be an easy way for changing swappartition size and change it to sdcard it would be awesome. And how does Leste relate to cssu thumb?

Cutetube2 or something to watch (and download) youtube vids (unless they work with a browser).

A mediaplayer.

A camera app. BlessN900 for example or are there more users for BetterCamera? And something to edit and change the size etc.

Notes or/and abiword (if LibreOffice writer wont be possible).

Something to read PDF.

Working RSS feed reader.

MSoma radio/Streamtuner. An internet radio channel program anyway and if radio receiver works a radio app.

A map/routing app.

For my needs Picodrive solves need for games and no need for porting native games. Other emulators is also a good hook for new users.

But if there is still a lot work to be done then all that developers need go obviously ahead.

I am a mere end user and thinking from that point of wiev. I think these would be something that would be good though if advertising Leste and to get more users. Like some basic stuff.

Don't panic text instead of Nokia Hands is a must for me. Helps not to panic when I have messed up things.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-12-27 at 00:14.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: