View Single Post
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Any particular reason for a new app rather than contributing to Dialcentral?

Auto-accept is worthless to me (and some other people) if its auto-accept of cell-only. Have you figured out a way to auto-accept any incoming StreamedMedia channel? If so, that would be great and I would add it to TOR

I'm curious why you would expect this to be faster?

Screenshots?
Why a new app: I really liked your DC and wanted to create something like it for more than just maemo. I know DC is python and so can probably run on more platforms than I could manage with just QT. Nevertheless, I think the competition will be good healthy fun.

Why not contribute to DC? : Of course I can... and I most probably will once I figure out how to do things - but I'm not a python coder and even though it has been fairly easy to learn it, I prefer to use the language of my choice - C++ and Qt.

Auto-accept: I know this problem - I've hit it last week. I'm hoping my experiments using telepathy-qt4 will help me solve it. If I do, I'll try making the python code as well. My code is also up for review.

Why faster: I cache some information - which means I have lesser network traffic - which should mean faster performance.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post: