View Single Post
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Borneo
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
Nice idea , but whats the use of it when it comes to whatsapp uses your phone number ? they will identify you by that one thing !
Yes the standard Whatsapp uses phone number. Correct me if i'm wrong, but this phone number was also used only during registration process like sending confirmation SMS. Once we are registered, we'll only use that phone number as part of username for XMPP. Even when we're changing our simcard in our device, whatsapp will still using the old phone number, doesn't it? So it'll be cool if our whatsapp provides selectable Phonenumber and Password(or imei) field. Hahaha.. but it's just an idea... Don't hate me if you disagree..

Originally Posted by ColaCheater View Post
Yeah, as said you can choose any password during the registration.
The Problem just is that if you are using a password that is different from the default passwords you may can get caught for using a "non-official Program".
I don't know how whatsapp saves the passwords but if they save them in plain-text (what they shouldn't do) they can delete/block your account even when you already did register.

:
Yeah, that seems possible. I still don't understand why whatsapp behave like that, They do get extra money when people installs whatsapp in N900, don't they?

But i think there is a way to reset the password, isn't it? Suppose if we lost our cell phone, we'll be able to get the same phone number but i highly doubt that we can get a phone with the same imei. So in a case like this, when we install whatsapp, we'll have to update our password in server, right?