View Single Post
Hey guys, i finally release my QT Empty Frequencies Finder (E.F.F.)!.This app is not just a gui for the E.F.F shell script, is a complete new app (i have been working on it for at least two months), the only common thing is the way of tuning the reciever. I tested the app many, many, many times and works fine (at least on my N900). I would be glad if someone can create a better icon image to put than mine .

INFO:
E.F.F. (Empty Frequencies Finder) is a utility that lets you choose a range (only 87.5 FM - 108.0 FM) to scan from, for empty/unused frequencies, using the reciever of N900 and headphones as its antenna. For example you can use this utility to find empty frequencies, so you can easily transmit from your N900 to your radio. If you are not satisfied with the emptiness of the frequency scanning results you can select between modes, to find a better one.

The following are required to run the app:
PR 1.3
Headphones

I have a dpendancies problem which i dont know how to solve. If you install the app fapman shows that the app has no dependancies listed inspite the fact that i have :
Depends: ${shlibsepends}, ${miscepends}
at the control file. Does anyone know something? (Dont worry about this, if you have PR 1.3 installed there wont be any problem).

I also work on an other app (propably release it tommorow) called "T-CONTROL" (transmitter control) which is curently just a gui/front-end of fmtx_client. In future it will have a push button that will automatically scan and set the transmitter to the first empty frequency found and will not require headphones (sounds nice ). I have a question about that (might be dumb but i did not find the answer): how do i include si4713.h header at http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Docum...nux/si4713.txt ?

I know that you will ask me to upload it on extras-devel but i really dont know how and i will do it when i find some more time (i have a lot of homework and tests to do )

Thanks to:
*pycage for various reciever questions (i have been bombarding him with questions since 2-September-2010 )
*SubCore for qt related help
*MohammadAG for packaging and other help
*billybobjones for the icon

NOTE: THE POSSITION OF THE HEADPHONES DIERCTLY AFFECTS THE RESULTS, TRY NOT TO HAVE THEM LIKE A SKEIN/BALL.

***CHANGE-LOG***
*Intial release

*Changed icon

*Scanning process is paused if headphones are removed during scanning process
*Extensive scan searches for emptier frequencies
*Some other fixes

Here are some screenshots:
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: deb eff_0.9.3_armel.deb (411.5 KB, 2025 views)

Last edited by BLIZZARD; 2011-01-25 at 19:23.

The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to BLIZZARD For This Useful Post: