View Single Post
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
(full disclaimer: I have been involved as a developer with contacts on the N9 for the past few years)

Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
Nokia n9, PR 1.2.
With the last update, my n9 show near to each contact a field, not editable, "synct to MfE - <mail>", or, for example "synct to nokia account"... here the screenshot (italian):
Originally, it was intended to be editable. That didn't happen for reasons I don't remember anymore.

Now, a bunch of questions:
1. I want to delete the nokia account (i.e. the MfE account) WITHOUT loose any contact data. In fact i want to unbind my contacts from server, and retain all data to my cell. How?
With difficulty. Off the top of my head, I'd suggest exporting contacts to a vcard, disabling server sync, and using 'vcardconverter' via ssh (vcardconverter /path/to/vcf/file.vcf) to import the contacts back from the vcard.

Please note that doing things like this is a great way to create mess if you then re-enable sync (or have the same data being synced from multiple services)

2. The "global address list" works only on the first created Mfe account? in fact there's no way to use a second gmail (for example) account for this.
I don't remember the answer to this off the top of my head (as I wasn't too involved with the feature), but I'm not actually sure that Gmail supports GAL searching. Someone who knows more about ActiveSync might be of help, or I might try do some digging if I get some time later on. At the least, I don't have any option for GAL searches, and I have only ever used MfE with Google.

3. If i create a new contact, Meego ask me if i want to sync the contact with MfE. Why not for nokia account instead?
This feature is for MfE only. I'm not a designer, so I can't answer the "why", but my personal guess (note: I have no 'inside' information on this) is that it is because most of the services that Nokia accounts provided have / are being chopped up slowly. For instance, there is no longer any web access to Contacts.

4. If i create a contact without any sync server, how i can later sync this contact?
Delete it, and re-add it. Yes, it's annoying.

And finally...
5. Where is the contacts database?
The 'canonical' data store is in tracker (along with SMS/lots of other stored data). There is also a cache on the UI side to improve startup performance, but that's an implementation detail, and you shouldn't touch / know about it, so I won't talk about it more.

If you want to access contacts data, you should use the QtContacts API. It's fairly easy to use and get to do what you want.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post: