View Single Post
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Eventhough I'm still waiting for teamer to write what he exactly knows about the protocol it's great to see other people also working on it.

For my part I wrote in my post about registration everything I know so I can't give you much more information, the only thing I can do is looking for some specific actions in the code, e.g. how an request is build or something like this.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
I have successfully decompiled the source for the whatsapp APK.

And can upload this upon request for anyone that wants to save themselves some hassle.

I am a Java dev, but currently working on some (>1) QML/Qt based apps for the Nokia N9 plus I have a full time job. Regardless I will try to help as much as I can.
If you're a Java-Developer it may be better for you to decompile the S40 Version of WhatsApp? - Thats the version I had a look at and is written in Java

Oh and maybe it would be better not to share the "original" WhatsApp code here, just the things we found out about how it works.
I don't know the legal positon but sharing code that is (c) by WhatsApp isn't that good I would say

The last thing I think maybe would be good to know: Is somebody having a phone with an official WhatsApp version to do some sniffing? This may also would be helpful, especally to get to know i.e. what information the mobile phone really sends u.s.w.
-> A Nokia S40 Phone (which supports WhatsApp) would be the best I think because at least that would be the source where most of us are getting their information from?!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ColaCheater For This Useful Post: