View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by sarahn View Post
An excerpt from my kernel patches, which I posted:
I gather you do this speed setting (which is btw exactly what I had in mind) on
801 if (int_usb & MUSB_INTR_CONNECT) {...

The problem I see is we never enter the whole
559 static irqreturn_t musb_stage0_irq()
function, once we've set FORCE_HOST correctly, as it will disable the IRQ generation from musb core.
So we can either postpone FORCE_HOST & setting SESSION until the core threw an IRQ for MUSB_INTR_CONNECT, and do it then same time as the speed settings you have there.
My concern is we need VBUS (usually) for a CONNECT to happen (btw MUSB_INTR_CONNECT is the same like the HOSTDISCON IRQ?). This may cause the core to enter peripheral state on PHY 1707 sensing VBUS, if we don't set FORCE_HOST prior to supplying VBUS

Or we do a soft-IRQ/simulated IRQ by calling the routine directly. I don't know if that will work though, as for all I understand it's a IRQ callback function which might be a little icky to call directly.

cheers
jOERG

[edit]
There is no IRQ from TWL4030 ID pin, for two reasons:
1) we don't use twl4030 at all for USB, so the ID pin IRQ needs to be handled somewhere else and passed in to the USB driver stuff
2) it's unclear if the ID pin really is connected from TWL4030:R11 to the USB receptacle, and it's pretty hard to virtually impossible to find a micro-B plug with ID pin grounded

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-05-28 at 16:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: