View Single Post
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by jself View Post
I do have some tiny sharp picking tools I can use, but I don't want to risk damaging the screen.
I wouldn't recommend using sharp tools to clean out the gunk that gets trapped between the screen and the bezel. You might try compressed air or the corner of a piece of paper. You can also pop the faceplate off quite easily, should you like to go that route.

Also what can I do to prevent this, needs some kind of wadding or caulk down there... not literally, but ya know... like rubber insulation.
I would recommend against this as well.

A common problem with the N800 tablets is that touchscreen response becomes extremely erratic or stops working entirely. Often this is due to some bit of debris having become stuck between the bezel and screen. Once the debris is cleared away, the constant pressure reading at that location ends, and normal touchscreen functionality is restored.

Preventing the problem by blocking the debris is a laudable goal, but I'm concerned that anything that seals the gap well enough to keep out dirt would itself put pressure on the screen.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-07-09 at 17:26. Reason: typo correction

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: