View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by theyosh View Post
I am running this with the open mode Harmatten and Nitdroid. I experience that I have to reboot two of three times before the open mode kernel is loaded and started. When I select the OS from the ubiboot menu, it returns to the ubiboot without starting the selected OS. That happens two or three times and then the OS is loaded.

So if I boot to Nitdroid, and want to switch OS, it takes me two or three reboots. And everytime Harmatten is started, it looks like it initializes again like it is started the first time. I see a very long loading icon before I can use the phone.

I installed ubiboot on a clear nokia N9 with open mode enabled. So I did not had other OS-es installed. Now I am installing the separate OS-es afterwards. I am trying to get the MER os also running, but takes a bit more time....

Are the reboots known issues? Is there some debug options to figure this out?
I have not encountered that kind of behaviour myself. Either the 2nd level kernel boots correctly or fails, and if it fails then it fails every time until the problem that causes it is corrected.

When the OS&kernel slection has been done, and the icons in the top menu fade away, if there is some problem loading the 2nd level kernel then the device will show an error message in green letters. If that does not happen, then the kernel selection has succeeded and device will boot the 2nd level kernel.

Now, it sounds to me there is some initialization problem in the 2nd level kernel.
Do you have the correct modules in "/lib/modules/<kernel_name>" of your harmattan root partition? Have you checked the module dependencies?
Did you try starting Harmattan with some other kernel, Nitdroid for example?
When you finally get to boot up Harmattan, can you check that the command line parameters for the kernel are correct, do "cat /proc/cmdline". Check also from dmesg if there are some strange errors.