View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Did testing of some updates from proprog

This is the result of MY testing, this is personal experience only

what works?(everythin that is supposed to for now)
*SMS(in fonts which Pebble can read)
*incoming call
*music control(pause/play, skip fwd/bk)
*music song playing(mostly automatic, you can click the middle button if it didn't update)
*time update

what not?(not designed in)
*GPS
*network bridging
*uploading and managing apps on watch
*other special app services

To make life easier now that I can use this as part of everyday kit I made a launcher for my desktop and a launch script named it pebble and placed it here /home/user/.local/share/applications/hildon/pebble.desktop

I use the icon from Openwatch
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=pebble
Icon=/opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/openwatch.png
Exec=/usr/bin/pebble
Type=Application
and a script to run maebbled, I had to have it cd into the maebble dir because the new python script looks for the .cfg file in the directory it is executed from.
Code:
#! /bin/sh
cd /home/user/MyDocs/maebble/
python /home/user/MyDocs/Maebble/maebbled.py
fi
Turn on the Pebble's BT and click the launcher, now with a service behind it the Pebble pairs and is manageable from the BT manager and will keep looking for your pebble and repair until you kill pebbled or reboot.

(edit)
I like to wear a mechanical dive watch as it will always be easier to read than the Pebble and looks OK if I have to throw on a white shirt & tie, also no worry about battery especially if Pebble is BT leashed. This is no thin fitbit, anyone have a creative way to wear both without looking like a total tool? Right now I wear the Pebble with the watchface against my inner forearm and the screen displaying the mostly blacked-out TinyHands watchface and the dive watch out so I can see it for time and flip my wrist to see SMS or control music when cycling or working and I can feel the vibes. Pretty much I can stick the pebble in my posket but I want to have the dive watch with me anyways as my actual watch.

Last edited by biketool; 2017-09-07 at 17:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: