View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
i was also under the impression, before this, that the estimate of 700 EUR was for the board, not for the complete device. maybe i misunderstood at the time, but thats what i always thought it was.
Interesting. I, on the other hand, was under the impression that the 700€ quote was for the complete device. The price for the board was supposed to be about 150€ less. I am almost sure it was mentioned here somewhere, along the Q4/2014 ETA.

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I expected to pay 700 €. Now it's going to be 990€. That's 40% more. I fear the project is drifting out of my financial range...
Amen!

I was a vivid supporter of this project. I even brought a handful of other supporters on board. All despite the series of disaters: the "disagreements" within the team, still not fully explained... spec changes... perpetual delays... demands for more funds... I used to welcome every new post in this thread with excitement, but my excitement has gradually been eroded by a death of a thousand cuts. I recently realized that my heart sinks every time I see this thread popping up in Active Topics. What bad news is going to be this time?

It is time to face the truth that I subconsciously knew was coming but did not want to admit. The chances I might get anything in return for my investemnt are diminishing every day. I may as well consider it written off.

I am sorry. This recent price hike was the last straw.
I am sorry. I no longer have any expectations from this project. If anything comes out of it, I will consider it an unexpected bonus.
I am sorry. I can no longer support this project. I would not feel comfortable to help others to spend money on it.
I am sorry

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: