View Single Post
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
Thanks. Anyway I don't care if my phone shows 3G or 3.5G. I only want to have a stable connection, and it seems that in big cities (where 2G,3G 3.5G nodes co-exist) the intenet connection freezes when auto-switching from 3G to 3.5G and then back again after an inactivity period. By the time being, the only workaround is to use the 2G network, which works OK in big cities, but is very slow.
AFAIK, 3.5G and 3G doesn't co-exist on a BTS (Mac-hs architectural changes needs to be done for HSDPA/UPA). If you are seeing a 3G to 3.5G switch, I believe it should be a serving cell change or you are downloading something after staying inactive for a while? If you are facing difficulties in accessing 3.5G network, it should be because of network overload - though I agree it can't happen always but you've also mentioned that you are able to re-register on to 3.5G network after a while. Your operator should be able to fix it if it is a bug at their end once you let them know the issue because I don't see any reason why a particular phone should be denied access to 3.5G network...

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2012-12-28 at 11:29.