View Single Post
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I tried Mediabox a long time ago and could not get used to the UI but I'm trying out this latest version (N810) and it seems more accessible (to me) now. Nice work.

Will play around with it and some plug-ins - but what I mostly wanted to say is thank you for keeping Diablo users in mind.

EDIT: Some things I'd love to see added/changed after playing with Mediabox for a bit are;

a) Put the slider on the right side and not the left,

b) I love the widget but it is WAY big. Would it be possible to have a small/compact widget version without the CD image and the blank rows between the three actions. There's not much screen real-estate on the NITs

c) I wish I could adjust the volume level with the h/w keys from any screen when in Mediabox and not just on the screen where I can see the media being played,

d) Is the only way to change to portrait/landscape to go through the actions in advance-backlight?

e) Is it technically possible to make the UI on N8x0 activate icons by one tap instead of doubletaps (or as I often have to do 3-4 taps)? I would assume so as that is how the icons on the right side works.
This is probably my biggest pet-peeve with the UI

f) I manually selected a folder to index/scan for media. It had a number of sub-folders. Many of them had thumbnails, etc in them and I ended up with 20+ folders in the pictures folder. How do I remove folders from showing up when looking at local images (I can 'add to playlist' and 'put on shelf' but not 'remove from index')?

g) Lastly, something I'm not sure is Mediabox related as I seem to have this problem outside of it - I can not get any youtube videos to play. In Media box I tries setting the flash media player to osso, gstream and mplayer but none of them works and either nothings happens or I get a message 'Invalid Media'.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-09-12 at 08:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post: