View Single Post
Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
Mikhas, can this be changed maybe for PR1.3 (or, i know it is already testing), or next update? or why not to make update just only for that one thing...
I heavily doubt that anything VKB-related will be fixed in any future OS update :-(

or even, can we somehow find out how to bring back support for extended labels on CYCLESET? understand, it does not have to be official solution just for community, with root right, inception or all we have here we can take care of distributuin of solution. thanks.
Well, how to put it best …
MeeGo Keyboard = dead
Maliit Keyboard = possibly bright future

I cannot tell too much at this point, because nothing is confirmed yet. But the great thing about Maliit Keyboard: It will not only be available for Harmattan, but also other platforms, perhaps even come pre-installed! That's why I have a huge interest to move any feature development towards Maliit Keyboard and let MeeGo Keyboard die. Also, there is that fully open bugtracker, no corporate nonsense there, promised:
https://bugs.maliit.org/buglist.cgi?...--&list_id=480

And it'll be more fun for you guys too, because the Maliit Keyboard codebase is a lot smaller than MeeGo Keyboard (by a factor of 10 or so), and Maliit Keyboard will work with Qt 5, too (no Harmattan dependencies, either).

Last edited by mikhas; 2012-04-30 at 17:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikhas For This Useful Post: