View Single Post
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Oblomow View Post
Do I understand correctly, this means a second battery Otherhalf needs an additional voltage regulator and would look to the phone like a charger, so battery level is not available (at least not straight forward)? And that there has to be an own power_in at the Otherhalf, but it could charge also the main battery through it? Or do you maybe know the max. current available on the 3.3V-line?
Yes your assumption sounds right (if on seperate battery, then you need to use i2c for batterylevels). Buf of course you could just design double sized battery which replaces the main battery and not worry about that.

Current limitation from that pin is maximum 300mA but 150mA is recommended max current drawn from this pin to avoid any thermal issues.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: