View Single Post
Update: Version 1.1 is out now.

In this version I mostly concentrated on improving subtitle support.
This means first of all that the subtitle size setting is now standardized and uses the Theme.small, Theme.medium, Theme.large, Theme.extraLarge settings so that it will work across all devices no matter tablet or phone with different resolutions.
The second thing is making readibility better with introducing an outline by default around the text which uses either black or white as color depending on your choosen text color.
If this isn't enough to make the subtitle text clearer you can also enable a solid text background using white or black as a color.
Apros pros color I tweaked the color dialog for the subtitle text color to present a more sane list of colors including black and white.

Next big thing in this release is initial support for playlists. Supported currently are only .pls files (also the ones created by the jolla media player).
You can open existing pls files and create new ones and add songs or videos to it and save it.

Get the RPM from Openrepos
Tablet (i486) RPM also available

Changes:
  • Correctly Scale Play/Pause Button & Music Icon
  • Use ytdl for commandline arguments opening urls
  • Only offer subtitle sizes "small", "medium", "large", "extralarge" (better for big screen and small screen devices)
  • Outline subtitle text with contrast color to make it more visible
  • Added specific list of subtitleColors (most common and usable including white and black)
  • Added option to use solid subtitletext background (making it easier to read subtitles)
  • Load Subtitles dynamically (only load it when necessary saving a little bit of RAM)
  • Added initial playlist support (only pls files atm)
  • Added Skip Forward as coveraction if in playlist mode
  • Added Create new playlist and add tracks to it

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post: