View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
A quick feedback will be appreciated:

See the first attached picture -

As Explit asked before, there is actually a possibility of adding cellular network, but 3G instead of LTE.

(Also LTE involves too many bands across different regions, but 3G is more unified.)

On the open connectors on the right hand side of the picture, we can put a 3G modem on it. And another slot will be made next to the micro SD slot. See the second attached pic.

The question is: Is that of your interest to have a 3G cellular function with a reasonable (small) cost? Or you prefer WiFi only?

Also worth note that due to the limitation of this old PCBA, we can only use a dual 3G band modem, therefore I can't make a universal 3G model, will be 1 model for NA and LATAM, and other model for RoW.

Please give us your feedback, as we are close to launch the product...

P.S: Anyone notice the memory chip on the first pic? It's KLMDGAGEAC-B001 and it's 128GB
I would love LTE, 3G is cool too! Cost is no issue. but I most win in the jolla refund roulette game to support any sailfish product.

I vote for a 3G model specially since that was a one of the fake stretch goal by jolla.

But that just my option. GL!

Edit:

would it be possible to have this flag on the back I would pay extra for the red one

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: