View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
But even if I could, that would make just another hobbyist contribution. My call was for professional contributions. That does not mean software professionals giving their spare time, it means someone writing Sailfish applications exclusively as their primary job. Full time. For money.
Let's keep the discussion on topic and non-personal. In the end, we all want to help and resolve the problems that we have - otherwise we would do something else than being at TMO.

Thanks for a reply - I do understand the trade-offs and we cannot always contribute as much as we would like. I wouldn't mind to have people working professionally on SFOS and its apps. However, I guess, we are not in the position, in terms of the market share, where we can pay for many developers.

In terms of satnav, we are fortunate to have a very hard problem that is solved by professionals in open source manner. This could be not the case for other problematic cases. However, there is a hope that with the movement to Wayland by Linux distros, we may get more coverage through "regular" libs.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: