View Single Post
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by caco3
I compiled the latest working Maemo5-CacheMe version (0.8.9) for my N950. It works ok for me.
Was there something problematic in the installation of cacheme package from my repository? Anyway, it indeed works, it's just ugly. Somehow I didn't notice the GPS working either, but I didn't try hard.

So for now we seem to be stuck on the Maemo5 version.
Yes, unless the QML version is picked up by someone. There seems to be potential licensing problems, though, reading a Finnish forum... Till is quoted to being unsure if to actually release the QML source code with GPL in addition to the gcbrowser and gpx plugins. The packaging he has made states GPL as the license, but the files miss the headers.

Given that, I'd see that investigating AGTL more would be a good option as well which is stricly licensed as open source. Reworking the UI in Python with PySide might be easier than reworking CacheMe's code, and the AGTL upstream might be more willing to support Harmattan UI officially.

Originally Posted by MartinK
From the Maemo package site for AGTL it looks like it has a dependency on Hildon - how did you get rid of it ?
By noticing that in addition to Hildon/GTK UI there is a Qt UI written inside AGTL But as mentioned, it was written in PyQt so I switched it to PySide supported in Harmattan. The applied port_to_pyside.patch and provide_qt_launcher.patch are inside the source tarball.

The Following User Says Thank You to TimoJyrinki For This Useful Post: