View Single Post
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Ad 1, SDK is in place
Ad 2, normal users wont use the emulator, that many did brick their device yet or did other stupid things by using repositories and bare .debs not ment to be for them... hints "you may brick your device" should stay as most avarage joe users are not able to test software for good and will brick their devices even with software they tested..."yeah it starts... lets install on to device... ah what should I do it doesnt boot anymore... the community sucks... why nokia doesnt fix this... n900 sucks... I want my money back..."
and this will stay

Ad 3 and 4, SDK is in place, well it is missing buttons and sensors but that could be coded for the SDK as add-ons.
I don't quite follow how itens 1-4 are in place. Do you mean it is now possible to run (and debug) ARMEL code on the SDK? This is what I'm looking for.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
if you are talking about windows SDK and a device shown in a window that you are bale to move around and press buttons and so, have fun...
What I've asked for is to be able to run complete graphical ARMEL applications in the SDK. Furthermore, it would be easier if all that could be package as an QEMU image to be run in whatever OS the developer uses. In my case (I use Debian and Kubuntu) I'm happy that I can use the current SDK.