View Single Post
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I think part of the reason is that Android is designed as a single-task OS. Sure, there's multitasking now, but it wasn't built in from the start, so each app behaves as though it were the only one, rather than recognizing that there are others. This means that if you are trying to do something with multitasking you have to more completely switch contexts, which is harder to do - whereas on Maemo you have applications based on desktop libraries that are designed to cooperate with each other.
This definitely feels like a big part of it. This morning I was trying to look up something on my Note. I started typing in the phrase I was searching for into the search field in Dolphin, but I had to look up a model number in another app, so I briefly switched away, looked up the number and switched back only to find that I had to retype the first part of the string again. Did the OS decide to shut down the browser that I'd just been using to save system resources, or was there something else going on? I don't even know the answer, but I know that little things like that seem to happen all the time, and so the devices just don't seem to lend themselves well to easy multitasking.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dylanemcgregor For This Useful Post: