View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
hybris ain't non-free https://github.com/libhybris/libhybris
I know, and praise its creator for doing such useful piece of software, but as far as my personal preferences for a mobile device are concerned, I think of it as a cancer which popularizes incorporating closed Android blobs into Linux ecosystem which might fool unaware observer into thinking he's running real full Linux. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from RMS approach, but if we're talking about upgrading a Linux device, let's make it a Linux device (with Linux kernel, libraries, etc., only some drivers closed, but pure Linux drivers), not closed Android base with some Linux userland. It's like compiling Debian for Android kernel on aPad WM8650 and saying it's still Debian (it's not, it's Android with some Debian software on top of its stack). These are my personal oppinions, and I still want to emphasize my respect for autor of libhybris, as in many cases it may be useful and for many people it may be sufficient

Edit: and libhybris was just given as an example in my previous post, as an element of the whole stuck of software which can be used to run Linux environment on Android kernel, nothing personal agains that project

Last edited by misiak; 2013-08-27 at 11:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: