View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
(sigh)
So the magnetic charger was unreliable as it would occasionally be pulled down by gravity and I would wake to an uncharged phone, not such a big deal.
Then I had it in the shop where I was do ing some light grinding of some stainless steel, apparently the dust was magnetically attracted to the charger and when I grabbed it form the bench I noticed it was partly melted.
That and having to keep track of the tiny charge adapter when I was using regular microUSB chargers and cables(no data on the mag-cable).
I guess I am back to regular microUSB and being super careful with my N900.
I am probably down to my last of 5-6 N900s between a few crap fake "new' Chinese refurbs and a few real N900s which either broke the microUSB or failed SIM, which again happened last week to my phone. I took my Wife's N900 and she is leaving the Maemoverse.
I think that this thread being about Qi I will make what is probably a final comment on the topic. Qi is a neat idea, but it really needs to be installed in a phone specific fitted tray or drop in stand, these universal pads are universal, but there is no way to know if you are getting optimal or anything above minimal charge.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: