View Single Post
Originally Posted by mmarks View Post
Hi niqbal, just replied to your pm and noticed the post (so ignore my pm reply!).

thanks for the files, I will try them and report back.

What I meant about noth up or direction up is the ability, when navigating for the route to always point upwards, that way left and right turns are on you left and right.
At the moment the pointer follows the map direction so could be going down the screen if I am travelling South and up the screen if I am travelling North. Does that make sense?

Also, do I need to do anything for the auto-recalculate route to start working or will it do it by itself?

Mike
now i get it. Yes you are right, but this functionality is missing for now. It doesnt keep the car (or navigator) in the middle of the screen .. this is what i meant by zooming in to road level. This is exactly the functionality i mentioned to earthwings. When guidance mode should start, it should drop down to road level with u in perspective. So map is relative to you. Like u said, when u have to turn left in say 800m u should be able to peek at the map and see which left. Ideally after hearing a beautiful voice telling u to turn left lol

Routes are automatically recalculated and this functionality is solid. Make a route map, and zoom in to see little nodes on route, then u can move nodes to tell it exactly which path u want to take. It will automatically keep rerouting while u change nodes

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-06-01 at 15:43.