View Single Post
1. If I am recording quiet sounds some clicking is heard in the background. No matter if this is wav or m4a audio and which application is used for recording. This problem was also described in this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54860
put here sample with this clicking noise

2. When I am recording sound using, for example, recorder app high volume sounds are almost always oversteered. In VoiceNote or when recording video with standard camerra application are not.
Do you know why is it so?
try this in xterm
Code:
amixer -qc0 set PGA 0
and
Code:
alsamixer -c0
When you click Tab, you'll see all capture settings. You can use arrow keys to adjust it.
or
You can use different audio source instead of 'source.hw0':

source.voice (hardware dsp)
source.record

Code:
gst-launch-0.10 -e pulsesrc device=source.record ! audio/x-raw-float,channels=1 ! audioconvert ! nokiaaacenc bitrate=64000 output-format=0 ! hantromp4mux ! audio/x-m4a ! filesink location=/home/user/MyDocs/audio.m4a
3. Is there any difference between recording "m4a" sound with the standard camera application and this method you have proposed? I mean set of commands.
camera application vs gstreamer:
- audio bitrate - 128kbps vs you can choose
- audio rate - 48000Hz vs 44100Hz
- audio source - source.record vs you can choose (ad 2.)

- both has one channel
- the same codec - nokiaaacenc
- the same container - hantromp4mux

4. What is the meaning of output-format parameter. What could have happen when this is different from 0.
Code:
gst-inspect-0.10 nokiaaacenc
(0): RAW - AAC Raw format (it needs container)
(1): ADTS - Audio Data Transport Stream format (can be streams directly into playable aac file)
(2): ADIF - Audio Data Interchange Format

Last edited by ontime; 2017-06-27 at 17:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ontime For This Useful Post: