View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Zvjer View Post
I'm sorry if my answer will not be as precise as you asked but please read: When I started N9 development, I asked my dear friend N950 developer for help with USB problems. He asked me "Why do You use USB?" and ofcourse I did not know that there is a WiFi option.
Yes, this would solve the problem I have at the N9 and Nokia C7. The only drawback would be the unstable WiFi connection I have here (need to manually disconnect and reconnect every 20 to 30 minutes at my N9)
But I have a BlackBerry DevAlpha here, too. I have with it the same issues but at this device the only possible development mode is via the USB connection. I never got it via WiFi working and the IP Adress is very different: 169.254.0.1

So if I could solve the network routing issue if I connect my N9 via USB the chance is big to use the same solution for the BlackBerry device.

The point of all this VM stuff is I wan't to seperate all SDK's I have on my system each in their own installation to minimize problems with the different environments, to do some testing without breaking everything and to avoid to slow down my host because of Qt4, Qt5, BB10 Beta, the Jolla SDK later this year, the old no longer maintained symbian stuff...

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.