View Single Post
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by HSuhonen View Post
[*]How would you rate the current support offering for N900, in your own words? Please give your evaluation separately for a) the printed Get started guide, b) the in-device User guide (you can access it through File manager > Documents > User guides), and c) the User guide PDF on the Nokia Support site.
a) The guide is alright, i must say I've read so much about this device before that i barely looked it up (and actually did that with the pdf prior to getting the device)

b) I know it's there, don't really think it's going to be used but it's a nice touch.

c) That's probably the one i read through a forum link... It'll probably only serve with the troubleshooting if i ever need any.

[*]What’s your opinion on the current concept of providing end user documentation, that is, a short, printed get started guide in the sales box, and the longer guides available on the web and in-device? Do you expect Nokia to provide a longer User guide in the sales box, or is the Get started guide enough?
Actually a simple 2 pages schematic/graphical appealing sheet would be even nicer with a small booklet for troubleshooting as you can't use the device for that.

[*]Maemo 5 doesn't have a help framework. What’s your opinion, should there be one for Maemo 6? What would an ideal help system be in your opinion?
Lots and lots of docs... No real opinion here, I trust my forum rather than anything else.

[*]And finally, how do you see the role of the Maemo community in providing end-user support? Do you think the community could be more involved in the process of making the User guides (for example, as a content reviewer)? What would, in your opinion, be a good solution for the community to get involved?
As other have said, we need a lot more integration with the community which is doing most of the support work for Nokia...
But we need to have info about upcoming feature to prepare for, we need to have more granular updates and we need Nokia to answer us when questions are raised on the forum.

cheers!