View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
tightvncserver :1 -geometry 1400x1050

However, when I try to run startlxde1 I get:

** ERROR **: Only one lxsession can be executed at a time. Aborting...

I've tried multiple times, even after a full reboot of the N900 to no avail. Any ideas?
I wasn't able to reproduce the same error message with my Wheezy image but my guess is that you have an Easy Debian desktop open in parallel to the vnc session you want to start. This ED desktop runs on DISPLAY :1 and vnc servers under Linux by default try to start a new X session on a new DISPLAY. Essentially you're trying to run two lxsessions on one DISPLAY which it apparently doesn't like.
If I try your command without having an ED window open it works. I can also start a new ED vnc session on a new DISPLAY when I already have an ED window open:
Code:
tightvncserver :2 -geometry 1400x1050
The catch is, that this is a new ED desktop and not the same you see on your N900, which is probably not what you want.

I'm not familiar with tightvncserver but it seems to me there is no way to connect it to an already running X session. For my HTPC I deliberately chose x11vnc because it's able to open a vnc session on an already running X session which means you can access the same desktop via vnc that you see on your machine.
To make it short, with this command I was able to run a vnc session on the ED desktop:
Code:
x11vnc -display :1 -shared
For some reason I don't fully understand I then have to instruct my viewer to connect to the correct port instead of the correct display, but it works and I see my ED desktop on my PC:
Code:
xtightvncviewer 192.168.1.3::5900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: