View Single Post
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
While I understand your concerns I personally am split about that. Yes there are unwanted threads but my main concern is going down the route that "you want me to donate i want this" is dangerous. Does it mean that the 200-odd people who pledge the donations become masters of maemo.org?
Valid questions i would say. Hence I try and be objective in my wording. Masters of the universe might demand some red carpets and such, so, no i would not want that.

That being said, I also need to legitimize my own spendings, and when the usability of a forum becomes smaller the motivation I would have to donate go down with that as well. To me, that seems only natural.

It is a thin line. Some people come in, not knowing anything, and once they start getting some pointers from more experienced users, you can almost see their knowledge growing with every post they write. And than there are some others who will use the board simply as a free cq. volunteer Nokia customer service.

I would rather see, than, that we start thinking about commercializing our shared knowledge and make help for lazy people via TMO a paid service.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post: