View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I like it as a phone. That bezel thing... yeah man. I miss the N9's rounded screen. Love that feel on the screen.
Camera seems better in low-light to me than the N9. Less noise man... much less noise.
Camera? Everything I've read suggests the N9's still better in most respects, including the UI.
There's been detailed comparo's at MNB, that was the general consensus in the article & user comments.
L900 has optimisations which improved things*, by but all accounts it's not enough to surpass the N9.
All round video performance however is another story... (cept for audio)
Anywho, I'll be able to compare it all for myself soon, 900 will be in Australia soon apparently.

*which will also eventually flow to the L800

LinkedIn just came out, works rather nicely
There's at least one for the N9 now, no idea how it compares though.
Don't really care about Linked-In personally...

I cannot tether my iPad/Xoom to my phone without paying for it... that sucks.
I thought the L900 had tethering out-of-the-box or does it have to wait for Tango too?
Guess it also depends on the carrier you're with, esp. in the US...

I cannot increase the volume of the voice commands - it's way low - but they're there and work like a charm. Even sent out a few texts today while pumping gas.
There's at least one voice-to-text app for the N9 now that integrates into the system.
Name escapes me OTTOMH, been meaning to try it, haven't done so yet.
It's not a full-blown voice command system though, not sure if there is one.
There was a port of SIMON started ages ago, but I haven't heard anything since.
I might look into where they're at now.....

I still liked the novelty of my N9 - the screen tap to wake up, the notifications on that screen still beats anything out there in my opinion, but I'm getting used to the tiles. In fact, I rarely open apps now, just glance and know if I have e-mails, messages, meetings on my calendar, the weather.
Yeah notifications on WP7x doesn't even come close by all accounts.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-05-30 at 10:58.