View Single Post
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I would say any of the *boxes (flux, black,open...) would provide good performance. just need a decent theme. on a device like this is window sizing really essential, or could everything just run maximised?
Sorry, I forgot to reply to this part (I'm so obsessed with fluxbox and the Zaurus LOL).

Yes, performance is unparalelled unless you run something like ratpoison or evilwm I suppose. In my SL-C1000 running at 413Mhz, I think the baseline load with fluxbox running is something like 23% CPU, but on an N900 because of the new architecture I suppose it should be less than half.

Yes, everything should just run maximized! In my Zaurus, I had a set of keys to maximize windows (something like Ctrl Shift F). Ideally, in the N900, you could toggle maximization using the camera button for example. And you could also move from desktop to desktop using the volume rocker buttons. That would be an excellent solution. Oh, and make windows maximized by default (the menu and keys configuration files in fluxbox should have that condition after the launch command for each application).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post: