View Single Post
OK, I ordered a "new"(ish) battery for my 770 a bit ago. A few bucks.. Showed up yesterday..
All charged up.. Much better life (I still had the original battery, which was giving me a hour of music. Enough for the walk to and from lunch, but that was it..

Now it's much happier...

Still able to play Doom, Formido, lBreakout, ScummVM, etc...
Still have fbreader (as I mentioned above)...

Canola runs still, although the youtube plugin doesn't download. Not a surprise there.
It's an old version, and if I remember correctly, I had to manually extract just the youtube python file from a newer (at the time) version of C2Tube because mine wouldn't update.
Not sure that's worth it... I didn't use that feature all that often..

I still have my vpn client and can still connect to work if needed..
I have a Bluetooth keyboard, so I could even use RDP.
(tho I never did that more than just testing.. and we're moving to an SSL VPN, so that will stop working before too long)

Also, I still have my "powered and modified" USB hub.
With that, I can use USB devices with my 770. (host mode).
I only ever used thumb drives, but it worked..

The more I use this guy again, the more I realize what a great piece of hardware it is...

I haven't tried NumptyPhysics.. I remember I had a devil of a time with dependencies getting that to work before.. I'd get it working, then an update for something would break Numpty...
Just tested, that works too still!!
(I remember, the version I have wouldn't "exit" properly, so I have to go HOME and then I have a drop down command that kills Numpty)

Oh yeah, Hex-a-Hop is fun...

Still liking my 770.

:-)

desiv

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desiv For This Useful Post: