View Single Post
Just wanted to share my experience after a little trying:

I just bought a couple of thermo printers for a hand full of $$$ over at ebay. Sadly they got only IR and Serial connection, so I thought, I couldnt get it to run anyway... i bought a Serial to USB adapter cable and USB mothermother. So I thought, maybe i should try to connect that to my N900. I did, started h-e-n, mounted. Woops, there it is in CUPS. USB#1. I make a .txt file in Terminal. lp file.txt > woops, here it comes. Working out of the box.

So here is the point where i really get confused. Haha, but i like it. I wrote a shellscript, to grab my last sms and print it out. Now i wanna make it printout Contacts, and mails. The thing is, what I recognized: Its not printing special characters, like german äöü 'n stuff. And at the beginning of every file, i need a line like: "xxx xxx xxx xxx", or it will mess up the first Characters of the actual textfile.
Maybe if i can get a ppd file for the printer it will work better. Gonna Contact the manufacturer.

Just wanted to lay my 5cent in. Thanx for the beautiful cups porting though. You guys rock!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schokopudding For This Useful Post: