View Single Post
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
ok, stupid question maybe, but i need to ask you, Aapo, as i'm not familiar with "jam"... when i run "./configure" and then "jam", the executable which is produced crashes on my N900 with errors "Warning couldn't find music file... blah blah" and "Unexpected exception: Couldn't open file 'gui/app.xml': No such file or directory" - do i need to run something extra apart from "./configure && jam" ?

edit: ok, nevermind, found in debian/rules that i need a prefix but i'm not deleting the post, as maybe it can help you solve sound issue

And, one more thing - I've seen you have in debian/control, in Build-Depends section, text "libsdl-mixer1.2-dev (>= 1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2)" - this however didn't install this version of sdl-mixer and i was stuck with the old one... i needed to execute "apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2-dev=1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2" to install this package - maybe that has something to do with ogg format not recognized issues?

edit2: after installing the deb from the repos, i have 1.2.6-5+0m5 version of libsdl-mixer1.2, not 1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2...
I've manually downloaded in scratchbox version with ogg:
"apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2-dev=1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2"
and compiled lincity, then copied executable to device, then on device:
"apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2=1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2"
and the error changed to simple "Couldn't open audio: Could not open requested file"... in fact, i think all libsdl-mixer games went silent, but i will check tomorrow, it's too late today for me to think

Last edited by misiak; 2012-04-19 at 00:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: