View Single Post
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
I've read about somebody wanting to try this, or perhaps achieved it, but can't find where.

and

Using these, the back of the pcb of the n900

Microusb cable:

* 1 - (black) GND / ground
* 2 -
* 3 - (green) Data
* 4 - (white) Data -
* 5 - (red) VDC / plus / 5V
* 6 - shield

Using this data:

Is it possible to create a new Microusb connection? Where my microusb connection was, there are no more metal solder points to be able to repair the microusb port.

Unsure 100% of the following:
Line up TX with Data
Line up RX with Data -
GND with GND

But then where does one obtain the positive voltage (usually 5v). On the cable this is VDC 5v, but the battery positive cannot supply this voltage.VCC according to the link "Common Collector Voltage - main power supply ( usually 5V )". But would this work? the provided link doesnt actually specify where VCC is.

The cable would then be routed to where the microusb was. So I'[d attach a new microusb port, with the cables being soldered from the new microusb port, to the connections above.

edit: I already have a desktop charger. I also use TinySMB to transfer my files to and from pc. The only reason I'd have for doing this is if I want to reflash.
umm.. I'm new here and hav owned 2 n900's but both of dem bricked, av got important files that i want to extract frm dem and i need help from this thread, my microusb is broken and took some of the board wit it. I did a reflash wit cables connected to data data- GND and 5v.. And yea it worked.. But now i stupidly tore out d metal tracks on data data-.. Now, m just wondering if i can get access to d phone by connecting cables to RX/TX, 5V and GND so i can do a reflash, as indicated in d first post on this thread.. Any help will be useful.. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to dacosta For This Useful Post: