View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi Pokey,
I took a shot at it tonight/this morning, and I have an initial port for you to test out. It has a few issues, some likely related to not being Hildon-friendly (read: if you switch to another window, it bombs), but it has been adapted to the 800x480 pixel screen, and it runs quite well, with sound and all. I was too tired to actually *play* the game, so I haven't been able to verify that the high score entry dialog is tweaked properly, but it should be. The original author unfortunately only provided graphics in Windows BMP format, so for the menu screen, I had to create my own, since it wouldn't resize nicely. If you don't like it, I can change it.
The current DEB (and any update versions, for now) can be found here.
Please test it out, and let me know if it is to your satisfaction. I was unclear from your post whether simply adapting the graphics would meet your bounty requirements, or if you wanted a full port first. I fully intend to finish the port regardless of if or when I receive the money, anyway. PM me if you need to.

In regards to your comments about the tileset, it would be no problem to swap that out, although it looks fine to me on the N810's screen. If you want me to build it with a different set, simply download this file for reference, and replace each of the "large-xx.bmp" and "small-xx.bmp" files with your own images (with the same filenames). Large tiles should be 36px, and small should be 12px. Tar/Zip them up, and post them somewhere, and I'll rebuild it for you with those graphics.

EDIT: also include the tile.bmp, hint-tile.bmp, hint-near.bmp, and hint-side.bmp files at the minimum. On second thought, wait until I post my modified resource tarball tomorrow, and then things will be simpler.

Cheers,

Last edited by jaem; 2009-08-17 at 10:29. Reason: More tiles to mention

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: