View Single Post
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ York UK
Hi zchydem,

Addition:One thing came to my mind that there will be two different MVC mechanism when both Dui and Qt releases their systems. Instead of having two almost identical systems, could they put effort to develop only one, but make it really good?
This is the pretty much the same argument I'm making about the duplication with the Symbian framework.

because I couldn't care less about symbian stuff
You may not care about Symbian and that's fine, but every Maemo fan should care about UI framework compatibility for Maemo and Symbian because it'll mean more apps that run on Maemo (OK so a lot of them probably won't be open source, and you may still not care).

For me this sounds quite good. What do you think? I'm not sure if this "feature" will be available for Maemo 6...
Yes, the next generation widget set from Qt is a great thing! Possibly the solution to the current mess is that the community gets behind the Qt widget effort and there's proper platform styling for Maemo & Symbian - then everyone writes pure Qt and we can all ignore Dui and Orbit. Maybe, just maybe - this is exactly the troll plan. They should have this ready by the time the devices ship and they obsolete the stuff the product platforms have done as far as 3rd party developers are concerned.

Mark

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mark Wilcox For This Useful Post: